The best way to prevent gum disease is to brush and floss each day and make routine visits to your dentist for cleanings. However, if you are finding that you have symptoms of gum disease, your local dentist can offer treatment and relieve you of pain.
Symptoms of Gum Disease:
- Visibly red and swollen gums
- Bleeding or pain during brushing and flossing
- Bad breath
- Receding gum lines, exposing more of your tooth than normal
Types of Gum Disease:
- Gingivitis – This form of gum disease directly affects your gums. If left untreated, Gingivitis can develop into Periodontitis.
- Periodontitis – Periodontal disease is a more serious condition that affects the bones that support your teeth.
Treatment for Gum Disease
For mild issues with your gums, a dentist may perform a deep cleaning beneath the gum surface and schedule more frequent visits. In other instances, a surgical procedure may be necessary. Gum or bone grafts may replace tissues that have been worn away from gum disease.
Contact Your Cary Restorative Dentist
If you need a restorative dentist in Cary, call us today or fill out the form below to schedule your appointment.