Your smile says so much about your personality and is one of the first things people notice about you. However, if you’re not confident about your smile, or don’t like the look of your teeth, you may avoid smiling, laughing, or talking in social or professional settings. Don’t let the look of your teeth stand in the way of living life when our cosmetic dentistry practice in Cary can help! Dental veneers are an excellent solution for multiple cosmetic issues, creating a bright, healthy smile and restoring your confidence!
Contact our dentist office in Cary to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment
Understanding Dental Veneers
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells created from porcelain or resin that are applied and attached over the front and sides of a patient’s teeth. Able to mask numerous issues, this is a painless procedure that is often used to fix teeth that are:
- Stained or discolored (especially when combined with another issue).
- Mis-shapen, crooked, or have gaps.
- Worn down
- Chipped or broken
Benefits of Veneers in Cosmetic Dentistry
Like many other cosmetic dentistry procedures, veneers offer numerous benefits. In addition to the amazing increase in confidence you’ll have with your transformed smile, perhaps the biggest benefit is that they are bonded to the teeth for strong hold. With proper care, dental veneers can last well over 10 years.
If you are seeking a “Hollywood” smile, veneers are beneficial because they are individually fitted to each tooth, giving you a custom-made, lasting smile. Because they are also resistant to staining and stay clean easily, your teeth can stay white and vibrant for years!
Innovative Technology at Our Cary Cosmetic Dentistry Office
For years, a patient would have to visit the dentist several times in order to get veneers applied. However, what was even more frustrating is that the veneers had to be designed in a lab using complicated, lengthy fabrication techniques.
Today, getting veneers is a much more convenient procedure at our Cary cosmetic dentistry practice. First, our dentist will examine your teeth and will discuss whether you’re a good candidate for veneers. If you both determine it’s the right path, we can get started soon to revitalize your smile!
Using CEREC® (Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic) technology, we can use 3D digital imaging to design and create your veneers, and since we don’t have to outsource fabrication to a lab, we can have them ready to go fast and ensure an accurate shape and color that’s ideal for your unique smile!
Dental Veneer Process – What To Expect
The process of placing veneers has been perfected in recent years which makes the entire process faster and more efficient for the patient. By utilizing the CEREC digital imaging technology, the veneers fit more accurately and comfortable. The process may differ slightly based on the patient, but below is an outline of the installation process of dental veneers.
- Our dentist will use the CEREC dental digital imaging technology to create veneers that fit perfectly for your dental structure. This provides the patient with a comfortable fit that looks great.
- The dentist may decide to remove a small portion of enamel from the side as well as the front of your tooth to make a more comfortable fit for the dental veneers. This typically depends on how much space is present between the teeth of the patient.
- The dentist will then begin to place the veneers and make any adjustments that are required to provide the patient with the best possible result.
- When the veneers are put in the correct position, the dentist will begin to bond the veneers to the tooth in order to keep them in position. The bond is strong and can provide you with the smile you have always dreamed of.
What To Know Before You Get Dental Veneers
- It is important to have clean and healthy teeth and gums before you get veneers. Your dentist will be able to evaluate the current health of your teeth prior to moving forward with veneers. If you teeth or gums aren’t healthy before placing veneers it can lead to more severe dental health issues that will be difficult to treat because of the newly placed veneers.
- It is important to discuss your expectations and worries with your dentist before you move forward with dental veneers. If you have unrealistic expectations then you might end up being disappointed with the end results. We always recommend visiting your dentist multiple times a year for the best possible dental health, as well as to build up a relationship with your dental professional.
- Once you have dental veneers it is important to practice good dental hygiene on a daily basis. Some patients believe that once they get veneers then they don’t have to brush their teeth as often, but it is just as important to brush and floss your teeth with veneers as without them.
What To Know After You Get Dental Veneers
- Depending on the patient, it is normal for it to take a few days to get used to the way veneers feel. It is important to give your new veneers a few days to settle in but if chewing food still doesn’t feel right after three or four days we recommend reaching out to your dentist to ensure that everything has settled into the correct position.
- Dental veneers are capable of chipping or breaking if you chew on hard objects. This is why it is important to not chew on ice or other hard objects. This can also impact patients who grind their teeth while they sleep. If you grind your teeth, your dentist will typically recommend that you wear a dental mouth guard while you sleep.
Dental Veneers FAQ’s
To help you determine if you’d like to learn more about veneers, we’ve compiled some of our most frequently asked questions!
Does it hurt to get veneers?
Generally, getting dental veneers applied is a pain-free procedure. While we do remove 1/2 millimeter of enamel to fit the shell over your tooth, we can certainly discuss a local anesthetic. We want you to be comfortable during the procedure!
Are veneers difficult to care for?
Not at all! Dental veneers actually don’t require any special care beyond practicing good oral hygiene, avoiding sugar, and keeping up with dental checkups. However, because veneers are very thin, we do recommend avoiding crunching ice, hard candy, and similar items and avoiding foods and beverages that stain (red wine, coffee, tea).
Am I a good candidate for veneers?
Prior to getting veneers applied, we would want to make sure your teeth are healthy and any decay is repaired. Every patient is different, which is why we do a consultation before determining the right path toward repairing your smile!
Does insurance cover veneers?
It is difficult to provide an answer because policies vary so much, we recommend you contact your insurance to see your exact coverage. We strive to provide our patients with the best possible results at the best possible price and look forward to helping you receive the smile of your dreams.
Contact Our Cary Cosmetic Dentist
If you have additional questions about dental veneers or are ready to schedule your appointment, we’re here to help! Call us today at the number below or fill out the form to get started!